- Payment is due when services are rendered
- We are happy to provide you with a quotation for services in advance of your appointment. Please let the attending veterinarian know if you would like prices quoted prior to any diagnostic tests being carried out
- Quotations can be provided in advance for medical and surgical procedures
- We accept Cash, Debit, Visa, and Mastercard. We do not accept American Express or Cheques.
There are many insurance options for pets. Feel free to discuss this option with any staff member. We have provided links to a couple of companies that we deal with on a regular basis. We do not sell insurance so always read and be familiar with the fine print on your policy.
Clients may choose to apply for financing in order to cover a variety of their pet's veterinary expenses. Visit the Medicard website to apply or inquire about their services. Confirmation of financing is required before services are provided.
Yearly, our hospital is allotted $2000 of Farley Funds to aid income restricted clients with their pet's veterinary expenses. The use of these funds is based on requirements set out by The Farley Foundation. If you believe you meet these requirements, please enquire with the front desk staff to fill out an application. See the OVMA's Farley Fund Qualifications below.
Types of clients
OVMA member veterinarians can apply for funding to subsidize veterinary care needed by the pets of clients who:
- are seniors receiving the Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- are persons with disabilities who receive the Ontario Disability Support Payment (ODSP) or the Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPP) Benefit
- are women at risk of abuse participating in OVMA's SafePet Program
- are individuals receiving financial assistance through Ontario Works
- have pets that are owned by senior care facilities (including supportive housing, retirement homes or long-term care homes)
- have a pre-existing veterinary-client-patient relationship (VCPR) with the practice they're seeking funding from
If the pet owner doesn't meet this eligibility criteria, they're not eligible to receive Farley funding.
Types of animals
Funding is available to subsidize the treatment of any animal whose primary purpose is companionship, without restriction on the species of animal.
Types of medical care
The Farley Foundation will pay for non-elective procedures or treatments.
- Routine physical examinations, vaccinations, etc. will not be funded.
- Spays and neuters will not be funded, unless the procedure is essential to the continued health of the animal.
- General prophylactic dental care isn't eligible for funding. Other dental procedures like extractions are considered on a case-by-case basis.